Need a last minute gift for dad? How about something beer related? Sure, you can buy him a six-pack at the store but if you want to get more creative, here are some ideas…
- Gift baskets like the “Drinky Stinky Cigars & Brews” or the “Golf & Beer Gift Basket” or the perfectly named “Arrogant Bastard Beer Gift”
- A membership in the Beer of the Month Club. You can customize this from 2-12 months. 12 microbrews arrive each month. This is the gift that keeps on giving.
- If your dad is the DIY type, how about an entry-level homebrewing kit?
- If dad’s a “foodie” then he may enjoy Garrett Oliver’s The Brewmaster’s Table : Discovering the Pleasures of Real Beer with Real Food
- If dad’s a history buff, I recommend Maureen Ogle’s Ambitious Brew: The Story of American Beer
- If dad is into lists, 300 Beers to Try Before You Die! by Roger Protz
- For the craft beer fanatic, how about a subscription to BeerAdvocate Magazine?
- Even macho men may appreciate Dogfish Head Shampoo Bar or Dogfish Head Lip Balm Festina Peche
- While I have no affiliation with any of the above, I can’t help but recommend the newly released Beer Wars DVD.
And feel free to suggest your own. Just add a comment.